Characteristics of model “K” brake
The brake model K is a spring applied DC brake. It has been designed to stop rotational movement of machine shaft. However, the user has to ensure that the brake is in accordance with all the requests indicated in paragraph “Choice of the brake”. Only if these conditions are met can the brake work correctly.
- Very strong structure
- Very quiet in operating (<70 dBa in accordance with Regulation 98/37/EEC)
- Simple to install and easy to maintain
- Good heat dissipation due to the motor fan or cover (The motor cover, as it also acts as a braking surface, must be made of steel or cast iron)
- The coil is fully encased in an epoxy resin and the mechanical parts are protected by tropicalized zinc plating
- Hand release is available on request.